Match.com is an online dating service officially launched in April 1995, and the number of its users has been growing since. Now, it serves over 50 countries in 12 different languages and continues building a global community that shares common goals: flirting, meeting, having fun, and falling in love.
We assume you search for helpful information about Match.com and wonder whether it is worth your time, money, and effort. Our team will provide you with a full honest review of this online dating giant, and we hope you take the time to read it.
Pros and Cons
- Large and diverse dating community.
- Match’s free registration allows showing interest with yes-evaluation, wink, preference, and sympathy.
- Several features and search tools.
- Personalized games and local events suggestions according to users’ preferences.
- Background checks.
- Match customer service is available by phone, chat, or email.
- Match.com guarantee.
- Only paying members can send/receive messages and see who viewed their profiles.
- Privacy mode dedication only to a paid membership.
- Some Members’ complaints.
The developers at Match.com often think about improving the user experience and offer various special features to help users with interaction and usability.
Roughly, Match users can check out profiles near them, upload and browse photos, like potential profiles, communicate with other users, see who has peeked at their profile, and get daily new matches.
However, most of these features and many more are only accessible as a paid membership.
- Facebook/Windows Live: Members can link their Match profiles to their Facebook and Windows Live accounts.
- Advanced Searching: Match allows users to search for matches by age, gender, location, and availability right now on the platform. Also, they can be very selective in their choices using keywords. Plus, it is possible to use a nickname to save a search in order to lose the search parameters used. Also, there are daily matches, mutual matches, smart search, DateSpark, reverse matches.
- Reverse Matches: Allowing Match users to view a list of people incompatible with them. That is part of the logic of removing users from the usual framework of dating sites.
- Likes: The Likes tab is only available to paid members. It will display the list of all the match members you like.
- Boost: Placing a user profile at the top of the suggestions for an hour. It increases their visibility as the best for matches and discovery. That is an add-on feature.
- Match me: Match displays this feature to paying members who can identify it in the profiles of other paying or non-paying members. When someone impresses the paying member, this latter needs to click the feature to jump to the top of the other user list of match suggestions.
- Vibe Check: Match.com only displays this feature to members who have already exchanged messages or likes. This video chat option is available on desktop and the Match app, offered for free, and identified as a black video icon next to the message bar. By tapping this icon, the user sends a request to another user who can accept or reject it.
- Date Check-In: It is a security measure that allows users to choose three emergency contacts who will receive the name of the date, time, and location of the meeting. During the date, the user should click either the Yes or No option when receiving the automated message sent by Match.com, allowing immediate resend or not an emergency SOS message to the contact.
- Live Stir Events: Match users can attend face-to-face group meetings in their regions through Stir Events. Indeed, Match.com locally schedules these events in the country it hosts. These events may be, for example, dance or cake decorating classes, brewery, and winery experiences, bowling nights, etc.
- MatchPhone: This is an exclusive premium feature with which a member gets a fake number to communicate on their phone with other members while remaining anonymous.
Match.com Membership Pricing
Match.com offers Standard Plans, Premium Plans, and Premium Add-Ons.
|Subscription Length||Total Price||Monthly Cost|
|3-month standard plan||$95.97||$31.99 per month|
|6-month standard plan||$137.94||$31.99 per month|
|12-month standard plan||$227.88||$18.99 per month|
|Subscription Length||Total Price||Monthly Cost|
|3-month premium plan||$104.97||$34.99 per month|
|6-month premium plan||$149.94||$24.99 per month|
|12-month premium plan||$239.88||$19.99 per month|
Match.com automatically includes premium add-ons in the premium plans. Instead, if a user purchases a standard membership, they still can pay for premium add-ons they want.
Regarding the options and prices of each Match.com add-on, a standard member can:
- Choose any other user to respond to their messages for $9.99/mo.
- Limit their profile display to the users they want for $9.99/mo.
- Receive receipts in their message box for $2.08/mo.
- Talk and text without sharing their number for $3.99/mo.
The Match.com Guarantee
If a Match user with a membership of 6 months or more has failed to get matches, the dating site makes sure they will not give it up before their subscription expires. So, they get additional Match.com free services for six months. This guarantee is a fantastic way to build trust among Match.com and its members.
Help and Support
Match.com offers 24/7 technical support and security. For the sake of the millions of daily users, it has put an effective technical support team that has successfully reduced litigation against Match.com regarding issues with the website itself, such as accidental deletion or hacking of accounts.
On the other side, Match.com has prioritized the protection of personal and credit card information for each member, like what we can find on eharmony. Whenever they detect potentially fraudulent activity, customer service will immediately block the account and contact its owner to avoid disclosing their information.
Is It Difficult To Use Match?
The website version and the mobile app of Match.com are easy to navigate for any user, regardless of their IT skills.
Is Match A Hookup Site?
Frankly, you can use Match.com if you want to find casual sex, but there are much more raunchy hookup sites and apps.
How Does Match.com Work?
Match.com is the most well-established social dating site. It differs from other sites that offer traditional matchmaking by taking a quiz like what we find on eharmony [Read our review on eharmony here].
What Age Group Is Match.com For?
Match.com serves mostly adults: Members aged 30 to 49 represent almost 50% of users, and the average age on this platform is a little over 45 years old. This demographic class is the most financially and emotionally stable to seek long-term relationships.
Is Match.com Good For Seniors Dating?
Like all dating sites for meaningful and lasting relationships, 50+ is the Match.com fastest-growing demographic. This age group brings together no less than a quarter of users. So Match.com provides them with writing and communications guides.
Also, there are real-life dating experts to assist you besides professional writers to write your “Profile Pro” match profile for an additional fee.
Is Match LGBTQ friendly?
There are many LGBTQ dating sites out there, but if you are looking for something serious, give Match.com a chance to lead you to your sweetheart.
Although LGBTQ profiles on Match.com lack authenticity and precision, so far there are around one million LGBTQ members on it, offering them security and discretion through the disclosure feature.
Are There Gays On Match?
Match.com is a suitable platform to date gay people who share your interests, values, and relationship goals. So, if you are ready to start a romantic relationship, Match.com will be happy to have you as a member.
Does Match.com Work For Lesbians?
Match.com can be useful for you in dating more compatible lesbians. Also, it offers you the opportunity to meet single gay women in your area thanks to the exclusive Stir Events in cool pre-booked places.
How to Get Started With Match.com?
First, create your account through Match.com or the mobile app available in Play Store and Apple Store.
Second, choose a free subscription plan.
Third, complete your profile.
Fourth, find matches.
Fifth, upgrade to a paid membership.
Sixth, have some conversation.
Seventh, plan dates.
Should I Use Match On Desktop Or Mobile App?
Whether you access Match.com from a desktop computer or a phone, both versions perform well, protect your privacy, and are easy to use. But, you may opt for the app, which is far smoother and more dynamic. Plus, you don’t have to worry about disclosing your exact location that will always remain confidential.
Can I Use The Camera On Match?
Of course, once you’ve matched someone, you can use your device camera feature to chat via video whenever and wherever you want. Practically, you will find the camera icon in the top right corner of your smartphone or computer screen.
Can I Use Match.com For Free?
You can join Match.com for free. As a free member, you can also take the time to familiarize yourself with the site and the app, complete your profile, add photos, access advanced search filters, and get a feel for daily matches and potential dates. Although you can read and reply to messages from some of your matches (not all), you cannot start a conversation.
How Can I Pay For A Match Membership?
Match.com accepts for payments major Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, JCB, Discover and Diners Club) and PayPal (available only in English-speaking North America).
Is It Worth Paying For Match?
You are single, looking for a serious relationship, and committed to seeing it through, so whatever amount you spend on Match.com is worth the cost.
Does Match.com Really Work?
Match.com works, and its success is indisputable. Since its launch in 1995, Match.com has focused on singles like you, who look to thrive in a romantic relationship. Plus, it has built its reputation not on successful dates but on the thousands of success stories that end each year in engagements or weddings.
Is Match.com Legit?
Of course, almost 30 years of matchmaking have made Match.com the godfather of all dating sites. In one word, it is 100% legitimate!
Is Match.com Safe?
The Match security service performs checks to clear the site of anyone with a background. In addition, fake profiles are rare on this platform. But these don’t prevent you from being careful. Never give your personal and financial information to anyone unless you trust them!
How Do I Report Someone On Match.com?
If you feel uncomfortable on Match.com because of a member, report them to the moderation team. First, click the three dots at the top right of the chat window. Then, click ” Report this person “. Otherwise, click on the ” Report a Problem ” link at the bottom of the email in their profile.
No need to worry! All reports are confidential.
How Do I Delete My Match.com Account?
You can delete your Match account from the Match.com website, your iPhone, or your Android phone:
First, connect to the site. Second, hover your mouse over your nickname displayed at the top right of the screen. Third, click on “My account settings”. Then, scroll down at the bottom of this page. There, click on “To suspend or delete your account, Click here. “
Finally, contact Match customer service directly.
What Is Match Customer Service Number?
If you have a customer care issue, you can contact Match customer service by calling 800-926-2824. Or, if you have questions, contact the Call Center at 844-706-2724.
Also, you may report complaints by telephone at 800-952-5210.
To complain or report poor conduct to UK Match.com, you can call the head office at 0203-059-6494.
How Do I Cancel Match.com Payments On Mobile?
First, open the Play Store. Second, tap the three horizontal lines (Menu). Third, scroll down > Tap Account > Subscriptions > Match > Cancel. Then, tap Yes to confirm that you want to cancel your payments to this app through your Google Play account on your device.
Can I get A Refund From Match?
Yes, it is 100% doable. But, it may take a long time.
After deleting your Match account, call their customer service at 800-326-5161 to give a valid reason that led you to cancel your membership and to request a refund.
The advantages of Match.com far outweigh its disadvantages, which explain its 21+ million members. That said, singles young and old, gay, and straight from all over the world join this dating platform to meet other singles, find dates, build romantic relationships and meet life partners.
Match.com is on the podium for online dating services with outstanding features and high-quality matches. So, you will never need to look elsewhere!